Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What's Your Blood Type??

Have you ever thought to ask someone on a first date, "What's your blood type?"  If not, many Koreans would advise you to consider doing so because blood types can give insightful information about a person's character and personality.  In Korean theory, blood types can help determine romantic compatibility.  I would compare knowledge of one's blood type in Korea to knowing one's astrological sign in western culture.  Just as each zodiac sign is associated with different personality traits, each blood type is associated with certain characteristics as well.  I was initially very skeptical upon first hearing about Korean's blood-type obsession and its connection to personality traits, but, upon doing some research online, I found that my blood type's associated characteristics actually describe me pretty well.          

So, without further ado, here is a condensed list of traits linked to each blood type according to Korean theory:

Type A individuals are believed to be introverted or reserved, patient and tend to be perfectionists.  Type A's don't like to show their emotions, but they are very loyal to others.  Stubbornness and uptight are also characteristics associated with Type A's. 

Type B individuals are said to be passionate, individualistic, and creative.  They can also be a bit self-centered, forgetful and irresponsible.  I should also state that men who are Type B have a very poor reputation in Korea.  Many Korean women do not want to marry a man with B blood type because they are considered unreliable and bad husband material.  Type B men are the "bad boys" of the blood types.  Fortunately for me, and for reasons I do not know, these negative connotations do not apply to Type B women.       

Type O individuals are perceived as confident, outgoing, athletic and natural leaders.  Some poor qualities Type O's possess are arrogance and insensitivity.  They are very ambitious people and enjoy taking risks.  

Type AB individuals are believed to be level-headed and intelligent, but also indecisive and critical of others.  AB's tend to follow their heads over their hearts.  They also handle finances well. 

While blood types and personality traits have not been scientifically linked, many Koreans swear by the connection.  I have been personally asked my blood type a couple different times by Korean friends, and while I don't know for sure if I buy into the whole theory, it is hard to deny it when your blood-type traits actually accurately describe you, as in my case.  Anyways, what do you think?  Do you think Koreans are on to something gauging character traits by blood type?  Let me know what you think!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment